Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Chen Clan Academy in Guangzhou


On my first trip to Guangzhou I thought it was such an interesting place, I just keep going back. Along with feeling like I am in Florida, due to the warm weather and vegetation; there are many historical and cultural venues that one can’t take them in, in one visit.

It has a tropical feel like Georgia and Florida in the United States. With many flowers and trees that are similar to those found in the South East portion of the US.

The first time I visited Guangzhou, I spent the whole morning at the Chen Clan Academy; a restored family compound from the Ming dynasty. The detailed craftsmanship of the buildings and artwork inside them was incredible. To find out more about the Chen family visit; http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/guangdong/guangzhou/chen_family.htm


Here are just a few of the photos I took.

No comments: